There’s a saying that suggests you should never judge a book by its cover. With the GMC Acadia, you can throw this rule out the window.
The Acadia’s exterior suggests a rugged and stylish family vehicle. The inside confirms this branding. The only thing the GMC Acadia’s cover doesn’t do is prepare you for all of the amazing features available inside and under the hood.
With five distinct trims on the menu, it might be tough to decide which one is best suited for your tastes. To help break down the differences, here is what you can expect from each model on the all-new GMC Acadia.
SL and SLE
The base-level SL and second-level SLE are practically identical in what they offer. The SL comes with second-row bench seats. The SLE, however, has captain’s chairs in the second row and has a few more add-on upgrades available. Otherwise, here is what you can expect with these models:
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Eight-inch infotainment center with Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Sound system with six speakers
- Five USB ports
- Onboard Wi-Fi hotspot
- Blind-spot monitor
- Rear cross-traffic alerts
The SLT may be considered a mid-range trim, but it offers plenty of amazing upgrades. For starters, it comes with a turbocharged engine that pushes out 230 horsepower. The SLT model builds on the previous trims with the following:
- Hands-free power liftgate
- Remote ignition
- Leather upholstery with heated front seats
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Navigation system
- Upgraded Bose audio system featuring eight speakers
- Forward collision mitigation
- Lane-keeping assist
- Automatic high beams
The AT4 trim is meant to be the off-road version of the GMC Acadia. It is essentially the same as the SLT but adds the features you desire to enhance your experience on the open trail. It starts with a massive V6 engine that offers 310-horsepower. You also get the following:
- All-terrain tires
- Unique AT4 all-wheel-drive for greater traction
- Hills descent control
- Hill hold assist
The Acadia Denali is hailed as the king of the SUVs, mostly thanks to the various luxury upgrades that come standard. While the Denali loses some of the AT4’s off-road enhancements, it makes up for it with plenty of other features.
- power-folding heated mirrors
- Digital instrument panel and a head-up display
- Ventilated front seats and heated second-row seats
- Driver-seat memory
- Wireless charging pad
Denali Upgrade Packages
The Denali is also eligible for exclusive options that further customize and modernize your GMC Acadia.Technology Package
- Surround-view camera system
- Adaptive cruise control
- Digital rearview mirror
- Upgraded automatic braking that enhances the forward collision mitigation feature
- Everything in the Technology Package
- Tow package
- Adaptive suspension to increase ride comfort
Take Your Time. You Can’t Go Wrong.
With so many options available for the GMC Acadia, there’s no rush to make a decision. Many of the features you find on the higher-level trims are available as options on other models. There are also a variety of other upgrade packages that can add things like a rear entertainment system or exterior styling accents.
Stop by your local GMC dealer today to explore all of the available models for the new Acadia.